For some people, a visit to the dentist can be a very stressful experience. Some patients suffer from high anxiety where as others suffer from extreme phobias.
Suffering from these conditions can be a very terrifying experience. This can lead to a decline in dental health as appointments are missed or at times not made at all.
We understand that dental fears are often formed through bad experiences, stories heard from friends and family and at times even a sense of loss of control.
We Put You First
At Dazzling Dental, we hope to build a friendly trusting relationship with you. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible and we believe that through guidance, support and gentle technique a good relationship can be formed making you feel more at ease.
We understand that some dental fears may require several visits until a comfortable relationship is formed. In some circumstances, our dentist may advise Nitrous Oxide or Penthrox inhaler to make your visits more comfortable for you.
- More commonly known as happy or laughing gas is a non-flammable, colourless gas. This treatment is suitable for both adults and children who experience anxiety throughout or during dental treatment. Nitrous Oxide has a calming effect. Once the treatment is complete the nitrous oxide gas will be turned off and pure oxygen will then be introduced.
- After treatment it is our policy that we ask you to stay seated in our waiting room for 30 minutes before leaving.
- Alternatively, if you wish to leave straight away, you may have a friend, Family Member or Guardian drive you home.
- Is a self – medication tool in which you hold and inhale yourself, guided by your dentist.
- Penthrox, when activated, provides calming effects to the patient. We believe that positive experiences will in time, help lessen your dental fears allowing you to feel more comfortable and at ease either making or attending a future appointment.
- After treatment, you will need to stay seated in our waiting room for 30 minutes – 1 hour for full recovery before leaving our surgery.
- Alternatively, you may have a friend, family member or guardian drive you home.
If you would like to make an appointment to see one of our friendly dentists here at Dazzling Dental, please call us on (07) 4953 1577.